Kyle, Leah and Hamlin

Kyle, Leah and Hamlin
Our Family Jerasich Dock- Nov 2008

Saturday, July 24, 2010

Leah's 5 little Mc-M's!

Maybe you all know... but for those who don't, I wanted to share the story of my job. I think it's pretty cool how these 5 little people, and the adults that come with them were divinely brought into my life.

In February of 2008, I had made my break from the mortgage industry, and was ready to get back to a job that I could really enjoy. I started looking for nanny positions, among various other options, and I ended up interviewing with "Annie's Nannies" up in Seattle.

They had one position listed in my area that they thought I would be good for,
" Mother's helper to family with 2 year old girl... pregnant with quads" Gaaaaahhh!! Seriously?? If there was a job hand tailored for me... you all KNOW this was it! Coincidentally, I was also volunteering at Tacoma General Hospital as a baby rocker (something I have done off and on since 2004?) and as I came in for my late shift that Tuesday night... I noticed some new "lunch boxes" in the NICU. A.... B.... C.... (is it??!) D! That night, I studied those tiny fingers and faces and toes, taking extra effort to try and memorize their names. Mason, Tyler, Hailey, and Devon. It was love at first sight, and my heart was reeling at the possibility of being a nanny in these new little lives.
My heart sank when I received the news from the nanny agency, "The mother decided to use a family member instead... and we don't have any other positions down south... sorry!"
I didn't understand why God would put such a perfect job in front of me and just take it away.

I ended up finding a job at St. Joe's that was the exact opposite of the perfect job for me.... no kids, no friends, not even a window to the outside world! Long story short... that job ended up being a great match for my adventures with Kyle into our first year of marriage, and when they said I couldn't travel anymore.... I started the job hunt again.

Back to the nanny websites I went, and to my surprise, God brought those babies right back to me. "Mother's helper needed for 4 year old girl and quadruplet 2 year olds"

The right thing at the wrong time is the wrong thing.... and I am so grateful for God's faithfulness to bring the blessing this job is into my life... at the PERFECT time.
My job is crazy fun, unpredictable, busy, certainly energy depleting at times, and because of how clearly I saw God's hand guiding me into this home, there is not a doubt in my mind that this is exactly where I am supposed to be.

Maddie, the 5 year old, has more sass and sparkle than any little girl I have ever met! I could fill a book with all the hilarious and heart warming conversations we have had over the past 7 months!
Mason is mischievous, but has a tender, and very repentant heart... he knows exactly how to charm himself out of getting in trouble! Hailey is the girl for sure.... with a full range of emotions that come with our gender! You would never guess the temper that can erupt from that 22 lb frame and those big blue eyes! She is a smart girl, with a silly, sweet disposition. TyTy is quiet, and free with his loves, but has no fear of pain. He'll be the first to scale the bookcase or SLAM his head on the floor when he gets angry. Devon is usually the one that will unexpectedly blurt out something that will make us all laugh... He is logical and sweet, and usually only has to be told once. (He is not a fan of time outs.... so he tries not to do things that will put him there!)
I am learning from Summer (Supermom of 5) about what it means to be a mom, what it means to open your home in love and hospitality to others, and it's clear that God gave this couple so many kids, because He sees and knows how much they are ready and always willing to give.
I am so grateful to have this family in my life, and look forward to watching these little ones grow!

1 comment:

  1. You are awesome Leah...you've got a big job with all those cute little kids. It was fun seeing you at the studio...crazy but fun.

    ReplyDelete